The B.Sc. Information Technology programme was started in 2001 with an aim to make the students employable and impart industry oriented training. The main objectives of the course
- to think analytically, creatively and critically in developing robust, extensible and highly maintainable technological solutions to simple and complex problems.
- to apply their knowledge and skills to be employed and excel in IT professional careers and/or to continue their education in IT and/or related post graduate programmes.
- to be capable of managing complex IT projects with consideration of the human, financial and environmental factors.
- to work effectively as a part of a team to achieve a common stated goal.
- to adhere to the highest standards of ethics, including relevant industry and organizational codes of conduct.
- to communicate effectively with a range of audiences both technical and non-technical.
- to develop an aptitude to engage in continuing professional development
The new syllabus is aimed to achieve the objectives. The syllabus spanning three years covers the industry relevant courses. The students will be ready for the jobs available in different fields like
- Software Development (Programming)
- Website Development
- Mobile app development
- Embedded Systems Programming
- Embedded Systems Development
- Software Testing
- Database Administration
- System Administration
- Cyber Law Consultant
- GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
- IT Service Desk
And many others
The students will also be trained in communication skills and green computing