As per the UGC notification in regard to prevention and prohibition of ragging in Higher Education Institutions, the College has constituted the Anti-Ragging Committee to prohibit, prevent and eliminate ragging on the College campus. Ragging is a criminal offense. Ragging is strictly prohibited by both State Govt. and Central Govt. Punishment for ragging will be as follows:
(i) Imprisonment up to three years and fine of Rs.10,000/-
(ii) Dismissal from the college
- To prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging including any conduct by any student whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student.
- To monitor, direct and oversee the functions and performance of the Anti-Ragging Squads in prevention and curbing of ragging in the institution.
- To be vigilant at all hours all around the campus and other places vulnerable to incidents of, and having the potential of, ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places.
- To conduct an on-the-spot enquiry into any incident of ragging referred to it by the faculty or student or parent or guardian, as the case may be: and the enquiry report along with recommendations shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution for action.
- To offer services of counselling and create awareness to the students.
Anti-Ragging Committee Members
|Mr. Shailesh Arondekar||Convener|
|Mrs. Ankita A Loke||Member|